Our Board of Directors is made of 11 members which includes parents and family members, business owners and various professionals. They are responsible for overseeing all facets of operating the agency.
President, Frank DeBernardo
- Employment: Director of Program Services-SARAH Inc. Providing adult day services and supports for individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities. 20 years with the State of CT Department of Mental Retardation –Assistant Director of Community Services and Contract Manager. Seven years at Benhaven School, teacher of students with Autism and Developmental Disabilities.
- Education: B.S. Physical Education, Special Education, M.S. Therapeutic Recreation, CT teaching certificate, Southern Connecticut State University.
Vice President, Kenneth Nicoll
- Employment: General practioner with Law office located in Milford, CT.
- Education: JD University of Bridgeport Law School, 1990. Licensed in CT and Washington, DC.
- Professional Affiliations: Many years of experience of Food and Drug Law Practice, particularly in the areas of medical devices, OTC drugs, cosmetics, and nutritional supplements.
Secretary, Jean Brooks
- Employment: Case Manager and Educator with State of CT Department of Developmental Disabilities. (retired)
- Education: Stone College.
- Professional Affiliations: Founding member of Opportunity House.
- Parent of an Opportunity House resident.
- Founding member Autism Society of CT.
- Served on the Governor’s Developmental Disability Council.
Treasurer, James Hackett
- Employment: Yale University, Director of Facilities Services. (retired)
- Education: Quinnipiac University.
- Parent of Opportunity House resident.
- Professional Affiliations: Associate Fellow of Trumbull College, Yale University.
- Employment: Attorney at the law firm of Siegel, O’Connor, O’Donnell & Beck, P.C. in Hartford, CT. Practices employment and education law.
- Education: J.D. Law, University of Connecticut, School of Law; B.A. Political Science, Bard College .
- Employment: Real estate career in mutil-family and commercial assest encompassing brokerage, investment, property management and development.
- Education: B.S. Business Administration, Northeastern University.
- Employment: The nurse for HART and Opportunity House, Inc.
- Education: RN, Grace New Haven School of Nursing; B.S., Southern Connecticut State University.
- Professional Affiliations: – Grace New Haven School of Nursing Alumni.
- Employment: Pharmacist; Owner of Beacon Prescriptions
- Education: B.S. Pharmacy, University of Connecticut
- Professional Affiliations: CT Pharmacists Association; National Community Pharmacists Association.
- Employment: Pitney Bowes Inc. ; Corporate Executive Director of Compensation and Medical Services. (retired)
- Education: University of Connecticut
- Professional Affiliations: Served with Army Medical Service Corps and retired Lt. Colonel.
- Employment: Area Cooperative Educational Services (ACES); Administrator (retired)
- Education: 6th year Professional Educator Certificate
- Employment: Associate Director of Yale University Health Services(retired): Lectuer at Yale School of Epidemiligy and Public Health. Former assistant professor of Health Services Administration at Quinnipiac College;US Army Reserves Colonel commanding a 1000-bed general hospital.(retired)
- Education: UCONN B.S.
- Professional Affliliations: Chairman of the following boards and committees; Orange Board of Health
Membership Chairman, Eleanor Pelley
Fundraising Chairman, Tamara Dumas